What information do we collect?
Personal provided by third parties – We may collect data from third parties for use within the Talent Ticker application. Content collected from third parties may be aggregated together by Selligence, where it is identified to be the same entity.The following information may be collected from third parties.
- Company names
- Company addresses
- Company firmographics
- Company social profile handles and URLs
- Email addresses
- Telephone numbers
- Social profile handles
- Current and previous employer name and dates
- Skills and industries of an individual
The following third parties may have provided information within the Talent Ticker application.
- People Data Labs
Customer information – We collect information about you from the organisation with which you are employed or affiliated with, in order to provide the service to you. This includes:
- Contact information including name, job title, email addresses, telephone numbers and postal address.
- Company details, including registration address, billing address and website addresses.
Product usage information – Information is automatically collected as you use the Talent Ticker application about how you and your device interact with the application, which includes:
- Information about your device including IP address, geolocation, and other unique identifiers such as UUID.
- Product usage data, such as the features and services that you use including the date and time the features were used.
The following third parties automatically collect product usage information:
- Google Analytics
Product generated data – Information is automatically collected in relation to data that is input into the application or seen by the application, including:
- Records of searches performed and the search criteria.
- Records of messages sent and the status of the messages.
- Activity within the Chrome extension including the profiles viewed and the information contained within the profiles.
How is the information used? With whom do we share the information?
Communicating with you
We may use the information for the following:
- Communicating with you – sending you notices regarding our services, providing you with technical information and responding to any customer service issue you may have;
- To communicate with you and to keep you informed about our latest updates and services;
- To serve you advertisements when you use our Site (see more under “Advertisements”);
- To market our websites and products (see more under “Marketing”);
- For statistical and analytical purposes, intended to improve the Site.
We use personal information for journalistic activities to support a free press and to support individual and societal rights to receive information.
Our Subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and service providers
- Hosting and operating our Site;
- Providing you with our services, including providing a personalised display of our Site;
- Storing and processing such information on our behalf;
- Serving you with advertisements and to assist us in evaluating the success of our advertising campaigns and help us retarget any of our users;
- Providing you with marketing offers and promotional materials related to our Site and services;
- Performing research, technical diagnostics or analytics;
For Legal Reasons
We may also disclose information if we have good reason to believe that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our policies (including our Agreement), including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) investigate, detect, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities or other wrongdoing, suspected fraud or security issues; (iv) to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims; (v) prevent harm to the rights, property or safety of us, our users, yourself or any third party; or (vi) for the purpose of collaborating with law enforcement agencies and/or in case we find it necessary in order to enforce intellectual property or other legal rights.
- ‘session cookies’ , which are stored only temporarily during a browsing session in order to allow normal use of the system and are deleted from your device when the browser is closed;
- ‘persistent cookies’, which are read only by the Site, saved on your computer for a fixed period and are not deleted when the browser is closed. Such cookies are used where we need to know who you are for repeat visits, for example to allow us to store your preferences for the next sign-in;
- ‘third-party cookies’ , which are set by other online services who run content on the page you are viewing, for example by third-party analytics companies who monitor and analyse our web access.
Cookies do not contain any information that personally identifies you, but Personal Information that we store about you may be linked, by us, to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. You may remove the cookies by following the instructions of your device preferences; however, if you choose to disable cookies, some features of our Site may not operate properly and your online experience may be limited.
Use of script libraries (Google Web Fonts)
In order to present our contents correctly and make them graphically appealing across all browsers, we use script libraries and font libraries such as Google Web Fonts (https://www.google.com/webfonts) on this website. Google Web Fonts are transferred to your browser’s cache to avoid multiple loading. If your browser does not support Google Web Fonts or does not allow access, content will be displayed in a default font.
Grounds for processing
Where applicable, data may be processed with your consent. Consent may have been obtained by third parties on Selligence behalf. You have the right to withdraw such consent at any time and we will cease processing of data after consent is withdrawn.
When the processing of your personal information is in our clients’ legitimate interest to do so and when these interests are not overridden by your rights. Our and our clients’ legitimate interests includes:
- having information about potential business customers or candidates organised into one searchable database
- keeping contact information up to date
- being able to identify a person who operates a certain role within an organisation
- being able to generate and contact potential business to business contacts for marketing
- to support free press and individual and societal rights to receive information
Where necessary for our compliance with an applicable law or other legal obligation.
Where applicable for the performance of a task that is carried out in the public interest.
Obligation under a contract
Where necessary to provide the Service, fulfil a transaction or otherwise perform a contract with you at your request prior to entering into a contract.
You may request to:
Receive confirmation as to whether or not personal information concerning you is being processed and access your stored personal information, together with supplementary information.
- Receive a copy of personal information you directly volunteer to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
- Request rectification of your personal information that is in our control.
- Request erasure of your personal information.
- Object to the processing of personal information by us.
- Request to restrict processing of your personal information by us.
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
However, please note that these rights are not absolute and may be subject to our own legitimate interests and regulatory requirements. If you wish to exercise any of the above rights or receive more information, please contact our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) using the details provided below:
We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to provide our services, and as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our policies. Retention periods will be determined taking into account the type of information that is collected and the purpose for which it is collected, bearing in mind the requirements applicable to the situation and the need to destroy outdated, unused information at the earliest reasonable opportunity. Under applicable regulations, we will keep records containing client personal data, account opening documents, communications and anything else as required by applicable laws and regulations. We may rectify, replenish or remove incomplete or inaccurate information, at any time and at our own discretion.
How do we safeguard your information?
We take great care in implementing and maintaining the security of the Site and your information. Although we take reasonable steps to safeguard information, we cannot be responsible for the acts of those who gain unauthorised access or abuse our Site, and we make no warranty, express, implied or otherwise, that we will prevent such access.
Transfer of data outside the EEA
Please note that some data recipients may be located outside the EEA. In such cases we will transfer your data only to such countries as approved by the European Commission as providing adequate level of data protection, or enter into legal agreements ensuring an adequate level of data protection.
We may use a third-party advertising technology to serve advertisements when you access the Site. This technology uses your information with regards to your use of the Services to serve advertisements to you (e.g., by placing third-party cookies on your web browser). You may opt out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about this practice by NAI and DAA members, and your choices regarding having this information used by these companies, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: http://optout.networkadvertising.org/#!/ and http://optout.aboutads.info/#!/ .
We may use your Personal Information such as your name, email address, telephone number, etc., ourselves or by using our third-party subcontractors, for the purpose of providing you with promotional materials concerning our services which we believe may interest you. To respect your right to privacy, within such marketing materials we provide you with the means to opt out of receiving further marketing offers from us. If you unsubscribe, we will remove your email address or telephone number from our marketing distribution lists. Please note that even if you have unsubscribed from receiving marketing emails from us, we may send you other types of important email communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements or administrative notices.
We understand the importance of protecting children’s privacy, especially in an online environment. The Site is not designed for or directed at children. Under no circumstances shall we allow the use of our services by minors without prior consent or authorisation by a parent or legal guardian. We do not knowingly collect Personal Information from minors. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to contact us
If you have any general questions about the Site or the information we collect about you and how we use it, you can contact us at email@example.com